Friday, November 9, 2012

THE GOATS, THE FROG, AND THE PEACOCK


110 – OCTOBER 2012

                    THINK ABOUT IT
THE GOATS, THE FROG, AND THE PEACOCK 

             Two little goats needed to get home.   As they prepared to take the shortcut through Jockey Hollow, the farmyard frog jumped into view.   He let out a loud croak and, with his unpretentious red-neck jargon, he cautioned the little goats;
“Why, kids, I’m a thinkin’ that ya might take the long way this time.   Just last nite I was a hearing a wolf down in that there holla.   If’n you go down, you mightn’t not just never come back.”
As it was being said, a proud peacock was walking by.   Newly elected to the farm council, he was more concerned with his communicative skills than with the correctness of his eloquent opinion;
“My dear little ones, there has been no wolf incidents since I have been elected to the counsel.  The frog is new to the farm yard and, although he is very charming, I am not sure that you should hearken to his assistance.”
I have heard no howling and would recommend that you be unrestricted in your decision to take the shorter route to home.”
The two goats were impressed by the peacock and took the shortcut.
They were met by the wolf and were never heard of again. 

Moral:     I’d rather have someone say “I seen somthin.” (when they saw it) … than to have someone say “I saw something.” (when they didn’t see nothin’.)

Chris 

OR     Zechariah 8:16 “These are the things that you shall do; speak ye every man the truth to his neighbor; execute the judgment of truth and peace within your gates.” 

OR     Ehpesians 4:25  “Wherefore, putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbor: for we are members one of another.”