Wednesday, October 21, 2009

LOVE

074 – OCTOBER 2009

LOVE

Love is a feeling?
Whether it is romantic, maternal, friendship, or other – love begins and you react.
“Oh, I think I will faint. What an angel … I’m so in love. I could just kiss that person!”
Love certainly seems to carry a lot of feeling.

Love is a choice?
As you meander through a relationship, and conflict rears it’s ugly head - you react.
“Oh, I think I will leave. What a jerk … I’m so upset. I could just strangle that person!”
Different feelings! And, now you might have to make a choice to love that person who is bugging the heck out of you.

Maybe a feeling? Maybe a choice? Maybe both? Maybe neither?

1 John 4:16 “And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.”

Because God is love and because we are made in His image - Love should rule our hearts. It should be our nature to love. It should be the essence and the structure of our soul to love.
Whether someone is nice or naughty, the disposition of our very being should respond in love. Whether someone annoys or delights, our substance should react in love.

My greatest goal is to sense God’s presence ‘by the moment’. I want to breath God. I want to inhale His spirit and exhale love. I want it to be spontaneous and instinctive.
In other words - I don’t want to have to work so hard at this love thing. I want it to be natural. I want it to be my nature.

2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old (nature) has gone, the new (nature) has come!.”

When I wake up each morning I say “Good morning Lord! What do you have planned for me today?”
Before I leave the house, I whack the side of my head and repeat to myself – “Chris, don’t forget your purpose - Love and serve. Love and serve. Love and serve.”

Oh, the wonderful day when I don’t have to remind myself and love rules my heart!
Albeit, I believe this love thing is getting easier … more automatic and less thinking about it.
Think about it!