Wednesday, October 21, 2009

NEW THINGS

071 – JULY 2009


NEW THINGS

Job 7:6 My days are swifter than a weavers shuttle, and are spent without hope.

Have you ever questioned the meaning for life and your purpose for breathing? Have you ever determined that nothing is making any sense? Does life sometimes seem silly? … ending abruptly in some worthless dust and meaningless ashes? I used to ask these questions. All the time! I remember looking at old photos from the late 1800’s and becoming very disturbed about the people in the photos. Born – Lived – Died ! !!! ??? What the heck! It was an eerie feeling and I thought, “There has to be more!”
In addition to those weighty life questions, I was not too happy with myself. October of 1976 - As I looked into the mirror, I was very disappointed with the reflection that I viewed. My heart was far from pure and I was miserable. I concluded that only “with God” could anything make sense. I was 27 years old and I was desperate for meaning and purpose. I shouted out to God, “If you are real, I need to know.”
That wonderful Monday morning, I made a commitment to Christ. I decided that I would seek Him and serve Him until the day that I passed from this earth and into eternity with Him. That morning, my life changed!

Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh.

Upon this conversion, I received a new heart … much softer and kinder than the original.
I received a new tongue so that I could speak more encouragingly … and without swearing.
I received new eyes … leaving the system of the world and entering into a spiritual Kingdom that I had never seen before.
I received some new ears so that I can now hear the voice of God.
Actually, I received a whole bunch of new things and, as I look back on it – it was easy! I wish that I had done it sooner! However, think about it, the old adage “Better late than never!” does not apply more profoundly than in this incomparable contract with life.
2 Cor 5:17 Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.