Wednesday, October 21, 2009

TWO WORDS THAT ARE HARD TO SAY

022 – JUNE 2005


There are 2 words that people find difficult to say and yet these words hold more immediate healing power than any others that I know.
Through my short walk on this planet I have been shocked to see how difficult (impossible?) it is for many, many, many people to say these 2 words … despite the fact that they release this stream of healing to the hearer.
Have you guessed yet? The 2 words are “I’m sorry.”
Reluctance to say “I’m sorry” is not a pronunciation riddle, so why is it so difficult to say these modest words of healing?

Romans 12:3 “For I say, through the grace given to me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think …”

It’s rooted in pride, self-regard, and inability to admit failure.
But, think about it, your spiritual insides are well equipped to overpower this phony giant of difficulty and help you to find a way to say these words more easily and more often, as it becomes necessary.
“Love means never having to say you’re sorry!” ??? Where did that come from? That’s food for the flesh! Because once you realize your offense to someone, the Spirit within you will reveal an instinctive wanting to repair your mistake … and a tender hearted remorse.

Matthew 26:75 “And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out and wept bitterly.

“I’m sorry!” exhibits God’s power of the spoken word.

Proverbs 18:21 “Death and life are in the power of the tongue …”

A heartfelt “I’m sorry” can immediately cut in half the strife and the agonizing emotions that the faulted person is experiencing. Follow it with a light touch or a caring expression and, most times, the tension is reduced dramatically, if not totally. (caution: a flippant, insincere or emotionless “I’m sorry” can have the opposite effect.)
So, whenever it becomes necessary, determine with God to say “I’m sorry” …. Determine to be positive and speak words of life!! Speak words of healing, encouragement, blessing and praise. It’s a good thing