Wednesday, October 21, 2009

VISIONS

053 – JANUARY 2008

VISIONS

God wants to have 1st place in your heart. He, at least, wants to have easy access.

During a time of Holy Spirit meditation, I had a vision. (which means I am getting younger*). It was a short vision that disclosed God’s hands parting the “stuff & things” that lay between He and my heart. It appeared that God was trying to get some admittance and was having a bit of trouble getting there. As He persistently parted the growth, He grew closer … only to witness new “stuff & things” continue to sprout. The thickness of the field eventually had Him back off from His approach. (End of vision.)
This vision often applies to my state of being … and maybe yours. It certainly applies to the world and, quite probably, the church.

Matthew 22:35 “Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, and saying, 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” 37 Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment.

Wouldn’t it be great to give Jesus the first place of honor? Think about it! … Wouldn’t it be great to have God so dominate your life that you could have the confidence of Godly righteousness in all of your response, reactions, thoughts and deeds? Yuh? Yuh!

So, for me, I am determined to bring passion to the famous hymn I Surrender All and pursue a heartfelt rededication of His life in me.
“Now” is the best time for that. I will take a good look in the mirror of my heart and examine the “stuff & things” that hinder His authority to my soul and spirit.

And, I am convinced that (though you might feel a 1,000 step separation between you and God), if you take the first step of rededication, He will minister grace to close the remaining gap.
All to Jesus I surrender, All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him, In His presence daily live.

All to Jesus, I surrender, Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with thy love and power, Let thy blessing fall on me.

I surrender all, I surrender all,
All to Thee, my blessed Savior, I surrender all.
Judson W. Van de Venter, 1855-1939 / Winfield S. Weeden, 1847-1908


* Acts 2:16 “In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.” J.