Wednesday, October 21, 2009

SUNRISE, SUNSET

045 – MAY 2007

SUNRISE-SUNSET

As I was remembering a particular event, I realized that it had occurred one year ago. One year! 365 days! That’s a lot of days. Not 10 or 20! Not 100! Moreover – 365 of them! It seems like only yesterday since that event happened. Yet I have slept, awakened and experienced a “day” … 365 times! Three hundred sixty five times!

Job 7:6 “My days fly faster than a weaver’s shuttle.Job 9:25 “My days pass more swiftly than a runner.

Where do these days go? They become, in fact, history. They are now “past” … to be remembered but not relived.

We, therefore need some inspiration to live our life with more watchfulness. Country singer George Strait sings, “There’s a Difference ‘Tween Living and Living Well.” And Roget’s Thesaurus gives us a few synonyms for this distinct essence of the word “live”.
“To live” : enjoy life / relish / savor / delight in / experience / love /
make every moment count / take pleasure in

That series of words should be an encouragement to live your life more richly. Those words should be a challenge to love more. Smile more. Hug more. Kiss more. And bring hope to so many who need it. Savor your moments because they so quickly turn to days. And your days, “one day at a time”, so quickly turn to years.

One year passes. I have journeyed another 365 days, yet it seems as though … just yesterday … I was 12 years old!
This is deep thinking for me. It blows my mind and provokes the “Twilight Zone” song in my head. It launches me into “life questions”. It causes me to examine my earthly visit and I must conclude that the only thing that makes any sense is that life is not temporal but eternal.
I believe that we have eternal souls and that there is more than just hanging out in this funny little body suit on this funny little planet for a few years. This is just a visit and it is like a scratch in time on the Grand Canyon wall of eternity.

2 Cor 5:1 “Now we know that if the earthly body we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.”

Ps 23:6 “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”